Tuesday 12 April 2011

Birth of a blog

This afternoon I had a very interesting conversation with my lovely friend Gemma (over tea and a scone) about creative blogging. While I have a blog for my business, it never really seemed like the right place to share my knitting, crochet and other crafting endeavours. I realised I wanted a little creative nook. Somewhere to go when I make something awesome and want to do a happy dance, or when a project goes horribly wrong and I feel the need to have a very public tantrum.

And so this blog was born. It's like a brand new sketchbook - shiny and blank and kind of intimidating. I think it will primarily be a craft/project blog, but I'm sure a few other things will slip in too. Dog training. Tea enthusing. Maybe even CSI fangirl moments.

The dog silhouette on the right is my greyhound/whippet cross, Freya. Freya and porcelain are fairly incompatible, hence the blog name. Freya is the recipient of many of my knitting and crochet projects. She doesn't seem to mind.

Please be gentle with the noob!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your new blog my dear, it's looking very spiffy already! Glad I could help, you make so many pretty things and I can't wait to see what you're up to!xx

    ReplyDelete