Thursday 1 September 2011

Latest FO: Booties and Cardigan

I've mentioned before that a lot of my friends/relatives appear to be having babies at the moment. The result of this is that I've discovered the joy of making baby clothes. I think I may be addicted. If you like making garments but have a short attention span and a limited budget, then baby clothes are your friends.

This package has been safely delivered to my friend Sarah, who had a gorgeous little girl a few days ago:

The booties are made with sock yarn, using this pattern.

The cardigan is the lace version of this pattern, and I used superwash DK. It was my first time doing picot edging, and now I want to put picots on everything.

Speaking of warm clothing, there's a definite chill in the air now that summer's drawing to a close. Clearly, I'm going to have to knit (or crochet) a jumper for Dice - a daunting task, since there is SO MUCH of him. But I can't have him feeling left out when Freya and I are prancing around in our matching red jumpers.

1 comment:

  1. That's a beautiful cardigan, you're going to have lots of very happy friends with very well dressed babies!

    ReplyDelete